Somewhere hidden in the depths of each story lies a treasure waiting to be discovered…
The Story Within – Myth and Fairy Tale in Therapy
By Yehudit Silverman, Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
“Myths, fairy tales, and ancient stories from around the world speak of a quest: a journey fraught with obstacles, demons, and monsters. From Persephone to the Ugly Duckling, the themes and challenges within these stories still speak to us today. ”
- For therapists, artists, seekers, of all mediums
- Unique and creative process for transformation
- Step–by- step guide
- Guideline for therapists
- Clinical vignettes
- Author’s journey
- Tools for discovering Creative DNA and Perception Preferences
- In-depth relationship with a self-selected myth or fairy tale
- Using all creative mediums as a tool for reflection and discovery
The Story Within – myth and fairy tale in therapy – © 2004
Produced and Directed by Yehudit Silverman (53 minutes)
In English – optional French subtitles
See the process in action!
Yehudit Silverman, M.A. R-DMT, RDT, is a Creative Arts Therapist, and former Chair, and professor, of the Department of Creative Arts Therapies, Concordia University, Montreal.
- International Presenter/ Group Leader
- Community/Clinical Supervisor
- Creative Consultant/Ritual Leader for organizations. Communities, lifecycle events
- Award Winning Documentary Filmmaker
- Director Seeds of Hope/Graines d’espoir Project with The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Director Interfaith Arts Dialogue
Award winning documentary film
The Hidden Face of Suicide
Produced, written, and directed by Yehudit Silverman (58 minutes)
Original music composed by Yehudit Silverman
Cinematographer – Martin Duckworth Sound – Glenn Hodgins
Editor- Andre Elias
Musicians- Jeffery May and John Rudell
English with optional French or Japanese subtitles
This film enters the world of survivors, those who have lost loved ones to suicide, and reveals their remarkable stories. Looking for the story behind the silence in her own family, Silverman sets out on a journey of understanding and transformation. Using masks, the survivors find a unique and creative way to express the unspeakable. Their journey brings to light the danger of secrets and the terrible cost of silence.