The Story Within
Myth and Fairy Tale
- This book is for therapists, artists, seekers, of all mediums
- Offering a unique and creative process for transformation
- Step–by- step guide through a creative arts therapies approach
- Specific guidelines how to integrate into a clinical, community, or personal setting
- Clinical vignettes of how The Story Within was used with diverse populations
- The author’s own personal journey
- Writings from those who have gone through the process
- Tools for discovering Creative DNA and Perception Preferences
- In-depth relationship with a self-selected myth or fairy tale
- Using all creative mediums as a tool for reflection and discovery
The goal is to use myths, fairy tales, and creativity, to uncover and work with hidden and inaccessible aspects of ourselves. Myths, fairy tales, and ancient stories from around the world speak of a quest: a journey fraught with obstacles, demons, and monsters. The themes and challenges within these stories still speak to us today as we go through our own profound challenges. How do we access what remains unconscious and hidden? How can we find a safe way to approach the parts of ourselves that keep us caught in destructive patterns? How do we help those we work with discover their inherent creativity and life force?
I found that combining the power of the creative process with the potent and ancient content of myth and fairy tale has proven an effective way to access and work with the hidden stories that often unconsciously control our lives.
The Story Within – Myth and fairy tale in therapy
Witness the process in action as six people embark on journeys of profound self-discovery by immersing themselves as characters in self-selected and personally meaningful myths or fairytales.